Thursday, November 18, 2010

IRRI Bazaar - Update

The bazaar at IRRI hosted by SINop (Society of IRRI Non-Research Professionals) was always well attended. This year's beneficiary is an orphanage also in Los Banos Laguna.

This is my first official solo bazaar for the year. I was invited by a cousin who used to work at IRRI. I had a great time chatting with buyers and mingling with other concessionaires. I met a lot of artist sellers. One seller was showcasing her handmade paper beads, another showed different swarovski crystal jewelry creations, one was selling all pearl accessories, a group of expat wives exhibited their glass bead jewelries, another seller featured her all seed bead jewelry collection. There were a lot of jewelry artist in the show but surprisingly all of us have our own medium to exhibit. I believe there was no air of competition among jewelry artists present. Everyone had their share of ohhs and ahhs. A first among the many shows I have participated in the past. I hope to be in the company of different artists who try to excel in their chosen craft as I am more inspired to do good and improve my own.

The day ended with a bang still, my cousin and I have finished loading our stuff in her car when a few women approached us and requested to see our goods. We gladly opened our boxes again and made sales in the car. How cool was that!

No comments: