Monday, October 4, 2010

2010 Collection

I have been quite busy the last few days. I have all this ideas swimming in my head waiting to be carried out. At the top of my long list is to be able to make a lot of wire + bead bobby pins. Now, if you'll gonna ask me, why make something with bobby pins? Well, its because of these bobby pins that I first fell in love with wire.

I think it was the year 2004 or 2005 if I'm not mistaken. A good friend, Mabel Santiago-Rubia sent an invite for a beading class. Outcome of which is to be used as charms for scrapbook pages. There were 8 women who signed up and were all eager to make butterflies and dragonflies. The materials that were handed out contained wire (in different colors),beads (seed beads) and bobby pins. It took about 4 hours for the whole class to make a bobby pin butterfly, a hanging dragonfly, and a butterfly decorated card. I was never a wire lover but after the class I went on hunting for wires in all colors and in all sizes to use as charms for my scrapbook pages. But I never made anything with the wires that I had, so much so that I never made a scrapbook page with a wire + bead charm on it. Now, who would have thought that I would turn out to love wire and beads? And who would have thought that I would be excited as to embark on a new business venture out of wire + beads?

In appreciation to the tutorial of my good friend, I have posted my 2010 collection at flickr highlighted by my bobby pins.

Enjoy!


1 comment:

Alby said...

Love this! I also enjoyed that class and got me into beading, too. :)